Welcome again to the Rota Systems Blog Page!!
You may or may not have seen our Indiegogo Crowdfund campaign (click here if you haven’t), which we are incredibly excited about, but equally hecka-nervous about.
We hope that all has been conveyed in the video, but in case it hasn’t we’d like to reiterate what we are trying to achieve here are five facts about us and the platform we are building.
1. We are a web startup based in London UK, trying to complete the build of a employee web product called Rota-System.
2. We are trying to complete the build of a web platform, which grants solution to the perils of staff scheduling and front-end management, through a simple automated secure web-interface called Rota-Systems.
3. We are on the side of the employees and employers. Through our own work experiences, we have both been at the sharp end of poor staff calendar management and all the short-comings it forcibly brings. With our platform we intend to make a staff calendar easier to manage with platform that assess directly staff labour costs, time-sheets and staff hours. We want staff to be able to access their work-calendar through the web / mobile application when the rota is published.
4. We know from research, that incredibly staff calendars are still done manually i.e. on paper. We have no problem with that. Except for one thing. The environment. Understandably the staff calendar should be on the staff board, but why should employees have to phone into work, to find out if it has been published, and If their any extra shifts available? Answer that. We conducted our research on London’s Oxford Street, the longest shopping street in Europe, and ask many retailer how they calendarised their staff. An incredible 54% of them we still using paper, much to the dismay of their staff. The rest were a mixture of in-house management systems and outsourced products.
5. It takes resources to complete projects. We’re are in this for the long haul and have set out a simple vision for a relatively simple project. We hope you may contribute and/or share this campaign with friends / family / co-workers or even your managers!!